We are delighted to be working in partnership with NikWax. Nikwax have developed easy-to-use, highly effective and long-lasting after-care treatments for all weatherproof fabrics. Shop the NikWax range here.
Ski Wear (jackets, pants and gloves) - here’s how to clean:
- Check the pocket are empty
- Place ski wear in washing machine.
- Add Nikwax Tech Wash. In a top-loading machine, add three full caps (150ml) for 1-3 garments or five full caps (250ml) for 4-6 garments. In a front loader, it’s best to add no more than two garments with two capfuls (100ml) of Tech Wash. Special note: If you live in an area with hard water, toss in an extra capful of Tech Wash.
- Sit back with a good book and a glass of wine/beer/hot cocoa as the machine runs its course.
- More often than not, this single cycle will be enough to have revitalized your jacket.
Ski Goggles - here’s how to clean:
Apply Nikwax Visor Proof by hand…
- Remove surface dirt
- Shake Nik Wax Visor proof well before use. From a distance of 6 inches (15cm), apply 2 squirts of Visor Proof onto the outside face of the visor.
- Wipe with a clean, fluff-free cloth in smooth even strokes across the outside of the visor.
- Rub vigorously from side to side to ensure even spread.
Winter Snow Boots - here’s how to clean:
Apply Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof by hand...
- Brush off dirt with a damp cloth and clean using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
- Protect work area. Shake well before use.
- Press sponge applicator to break seal. Apply to wet leather.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove surplus with a cloth.
- Buff with a damp cloth to shine.
Note: Test on a hidden area first. Fabric & Leather Proof will convert nubuck to a smooth waxy finish.
If you have any questions about how to care for your ski wear, then we are always happy to help.